This role will support the Director of Bussiness Development and work primarily out of our corporate headquarters in Watertown, SD.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS CONSTRUCTION MANAGER JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES – to include but not limited to:
Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, construction drawings, technical specifications, and related documents.
- Resolve discrepancies between written SOW, technical information, and construction drawings.
- Obtain, negotiate and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors in a timely manner.
- Compute job costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Prepare bid documents by assembling and displaying bid formulas and descriptive information by gathering proposals, reviewing all construction drawings, technical specifications, and related documents.
- Create and submit estimates/bids/quotes to the appropriate person by the due date. Work seamlessly with Marketing Department.
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors & suppliers).
- Keep organized files (paper and electronic)
Oversee the direct construction of projects assigned; from conception to completion. To include; estimating jobs, issuance of purchase orders, scheduling and coordinating subcontractors and crews; day to day operations, invoicing and closeouts.
- Contribute in the creation of weekly schedules reflecting accurate crew status and job schedules as well as forecasting schedule projections and manpower needs.
- Build relationships and establish a fluid working rapport with customers, construction managers, subcontractors, suppliers/vendors, engineers, crew supervisors, field technicians and office staff.
- Resolves customer concerns in a professional, timely, and efficient manner.
- Provide guidance and support to crews and staff as needed.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within the scope, and within budget.
- Responsible for final invoices and all change orders (tracking).
- Work in conjunction with Accounting Division on quarterly and annual closings.
- Review job transaction detail reports during construction and on all completed jobs, checking for efficiency and profitability.
- Review and approve all credit cards, cash purchases, and invoices related to job costs.
- Responsible for quality control of fieldwork, closeouts, photos, paperwork.
- Work with BOD on the overall financial health of the company, to ensure the continuity and solvency of the company.
Decision-making, information management, resource management, planning and organizing, problem analysis and problem-solving, delegating tasks and responsibility, strong and clear communication skills, coaching, teamwork, and adaptability.
The above-referenced items are to be used as an outline and additional responsibilities may be added, removed, or delegated to others. Working in a small office, transparency and cross-training is vital for success.
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:0AM to 5:00 PM. This job is not exempt from OT hours or weekend work, special projects, continuing education courses or attending wireless events.
- Participate on site walks
- Participate on Pre-Construction conference calls; document detail notes
- Manage all changes in SOW; verify MR’s and construction drawings to match quoted proposal. Identify any changes immediately and notify estimator, customer and crew
- Review SOW with crew prior to the commencement of work
- Coordinate power with Municipalities
- Call in utility locates
- Order or review all material orders for accuracy. Rebar, sonatube, grounding, jumpers, mounts, etc.
- Provide daily/regular updates to customer and office
- Conduct daily phone calls with field personnel and keep crew and project on schedule
- Participate in post-construction site walks and resolve all deficiencies
- Submit inventory forms to accounting
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels; process purchase orders as required, track orders and investigate problems or delays
- Stay certified in competent climber/rescue, First Aid, CPR, RF, rigging, etc.
- Perform safety audits (STAR Audit Form) and quality assurance by conducting site visits