Tower Foreman - Nationwide **$3,000 Hire-On Bonus**
We are looking for a competent Tower Foreman/ Crew Supervisor with strong leadership skills and a solid background in the telecommunications field. This candidate will coordinate operations working closely with the Construction Managers, Project Coordinators, Sub-Contractors, and oversee field technicians at construction sites. The successful applicant will be responsible for performing all aspects of tower construction. This includes the safe installation of all tower types (guy, self-supporting, monopole, flagpoles, rooftops, and water tank applications). Accurately installing types of antennas (Yagi, Bogner, Panel, OMNI, FM Bay Antennas, Microwave dishes, etc.) with associated coax/line, mounts, and hardware. Sweeping the coax/line to customer specifications, installation of tower lights (beacon/strobe), tower grounding, plumb and tensioning, troubleshoot and resolve tower maintenance/emergency issues, conduct tower audits and mapping. Other duties as assigned by Tower Systems, Inc.
Training and Skills Required:
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision while supervising 4-5 co-workers.
- Must be of good character; dependable and honest, a self-starter and a motivator, result-oriented, and a team leader.
- Good organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Responsible for the company-provided vehicle, trailer, boom truck, ATV, tools, miscellaneous equipment, and supplies.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret construction drawings, blueprints, tower assembly drawings, and RF Data Sheets.
- Must comply with and enforce company and industry safety standards.
- Must have a certified competent climber/rescue card by an accredited trainer.
- Must have proof of completion of OSHA 10 Hour and 30 Hour Course, CPR/First Aid Training, and RF Awareness.
- Anritsu, PIM, Fiber Certified.
- Must be in good physical condition with stamina, ability to lift over 80 pounds, and climb structures as high as 1500’. Must be able to pass DOT/Medical Physical.
- Proficient in all principles of rigging and knot tying.
- Proficient in all disciplines of Gin Pole procedures.
- Competent in the operation and proper use of Winches, Capstan Hoist, and JLG. Crane Operator Certified.
- Connector certifications (Andrew, Comscope, Eupen, PPC).
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; “Class A” CDL preferred.
- Attention to detail in site completion forms, close-outs, photo logs, and weekly paperwork.
- Computer skills are mandatory.
- Willingness to travel extensively, nationally and internationally; passport required (lodging and per diem expenses paid by the company).
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 2+ years in a Tower Foreman role leading wireless crews.
- 5+ years in the wireless industry.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License required (Class A CDL preferred).
- OSHA 30 preferred.
- Eligible to work in the U.S. Must speak, read, and write English fluently.
Tower Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates agree to complete a selection assessment, DOT/Medical Physical, and pre-employment drug screen.